What was once just a vision for Oahu’s homeless reached its 2-year anniversary in January 2020. This public private partnership provides permanent, affordable housing to 79 working families. In 2020, it’s anticipated the village will open its third and final housing phase and will welcome its 100th family before the summer.
- On-site case management from the Institute for Human Services
- On-site day care, pre-school at a low rate, laundry facilities
- Integrated solar, storage, gas
- Low rents: $725 per month for a one-BR unit and $900 a month for a two-BR, both of which include solar, electricity, gas, water, internet, cable TV
- Construction has begun for more homes, recreation center, childcare, preschool space, playground areas
- Model for more projects in development